As a business or employee you can help by providing your time, talent and treasure to help FCBRE GROW a STRONG workforce in Frederick County.
Provide financial resources to underwrite the cost, allowing staff to direct, facilitate and support business involvement and ensure positive results
Volunteer time and expertise in helping students prepare for the world of work
Provide Support (TIME AND TALENT)
There are many ways you can become involved in this important partnership between business and education:
Volunteer time and expertise
Businesses can be involved by registering to partner with local schools at www.fcps.org/abc. See examples below of ways to participate
- Be a guest speaker
- Be a tutor
- Share technology skills
- Sponsor student club and activities
- Judge science fairs.
- Mentor community service projects.
- Display student art work
- Provide students with hands-on learning opportunities.
- Provide entry level work opportunities.
- Provide internships for students
- Provide externships for teachers.
Advocate for public education
- Participate in school system/school advisory councils.
- Speak at public hearing to support education.
- Become involved in community issues that involve education.
- Distinguished: $20,000
- Founding: $10,000
- Sustaining: $5,000
- Honor Roll: $2,500
Donate goods and services
- Provide books
- Donate surplus supplies, equipment and instruments.
- Supply certificates.
- Provide student incentive coupons and merchandise.
- Host field trips and give workplace tours.
- Provide space or host events.
The Frederick County Business Roundtable is a 501c3 level; all funding will flow through the Community Foundation.